2016 Workshop – May 7th!
Our workshop meets the Transport Canada re-currency requirements – bring your logbook!
We are all excited to be flying again for the float season. Sit down with a few other pilots to refresh your float flying basics, and be prepared for another safe season of $100 hamburgers!
This is a “mix and match” type of day. Plan to attend each Workshop, or choose what interests you. We’ll be available all day for flying; in our plane or yours. There is no charge for us to fly with you for up to 1 hour in your own aircraft. Pilots wishing to fly in a GBA plane (Cessna) can do so for up to 1 hour at the discounted rate of $275.00/hour. Any additional hours would be at our regular rate of $390.00/hour. Please let us know in advance if you are interested in flying, so we can arrange our schedule. All flying will be on a first-come, first served basis.
- 10am: Spring Swim – around – with Keith S
- What to look for in the swim-around, especially after your plane hasn’t flown in a while
- Review of required documents
- Review of passenger pre-flight briefing
- 10:45am: Map Reading 101 – with Keith Lamb
- Where are you?
- Where are you going?
- What information does your map hold?
- 11:30am: Thunderstorm Avoidance – with Keith S
- How do you recognize developing Thunderstorm cells?
- How do you handle approaching them?
- What to do if you are ever caught in one
- 1:00pm: Lunch
- A casual hour to get to know your fellow pilots
- Menu is: Chili, Sandwiches, Beverages and (of course) Ice Cream!
- 2pm: Docking Tips and Techniques – with Keith S
- Crosswind docking
- How to handle current
- Learning the left and right hand side of your aircraft
- 3pm: Flying until you are done, or sunset – whichever comes first!